Thursday, November 12, 2009

Breaking Free


I started a bible study this week.  It's a remake of one I did back in 1999.  Breaking Free by Beth Moore.  I went hesitantly .... and had all kinds of exuses to back out...  but Tina sent me an email to tell me how excited she was that I was coming that night... sigh... now what?  I got busted!!!  So I went....  Looking much like a deer in the headlights...   but I went!  It's time... I've been saying that.... and I meant it then and I mean it now... It's time

I'm going to hold Beth to her promise.  She said that if I did this study, and commited to this study, God would work a miracle in me and I would be free...  I'm holding her to it I tell you!!! 

One thing that she did say that really got my attention....  Is what I am holding on to worth what I am giving up?  Basically it's saying that God has so much in store for me and my holding on to certain things may be keeping me from those blessings.  I know that I am holding on to many things...  It reminded me of a dream I had a long time ago.... I was on a stage and in my hand was an alabaster box.  I wonder what was really in there...   Random thoughts, sorry .....  back to my topic...  

So... I have commited to this study.  and I am holding Beth Moore to her promise.. Stay tuned for the transformation!!!!

Isaiah 61:1-3 (New International Version)


The Year of the LORD's Favor

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, 2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

1 comment:

  1. Girlfriend, we are on this journey together!!!I am so tired of the enemy saying, "that was easy!!" Not any more. I'm FREEEEE, YOU HEAR ME! FREEEEEEEE!!! oh, sorry...anyway, we will see all that God has in store for us ...THIS SIDE OF GLORY!!!! I'm so excited...and I just can't hide it...I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!!!! :) See ya TUES!!!

    ReplyDelete