Thursday, October 29, 2009

Major thump today....


A long time ago... August 26, 2001,  to be exact, a word of knowledge was spoken.  I received that word and even went as far as to type it up and affix it to my checkbook cover as a reminder.  Through the years, the tape I used lost it's stickiness and it fell off. 

Out of the blue last week, that worn piece of taped paper ended up on my desk.  Looking at it, I can see holes in it so I must have hung it on my bulletin board above my desk... only to have attached other things over top of it.  I read it, recogized it, and stuck it under my keyboard to read later.

Today, as I walked back into my office, (I was only gone a few minutes) I see laying, smack dab in the middle of my chair,  that word.....  God is trying his best to get my attention....  I know because of a verse that always shows up when a word is spoken over me.... 

The word was:
"Have I not said unto you that I will not withhold anything from them that walk uprightly.  If ye abide in Me and My Word abide in you, you can ask what you will and it shall be done.  I am a living God.  You will serve and worship a living God.  I'm the God of the past, I'm the God of the present, and I am the God of your future.  Trust in Me, saith God - Lean to Me, look to Me, saith the Lord and I will make ways where there is no way.  I will provide where there is no provision, for I Am the Lord your God who loves and cares for you".

I've been a very hard headed child lately.... I know what I need to do... I just have a hard time doing it.  Yet, He has been very patient.... I'm grateful for his mercy.  Forgive me, Father... I repent. 

John 15: 1-7


1 I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.  3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.  4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.  5 I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

1 comment:

  1. scuse me baby...that was two thumps I believe...he he he. I love how God gets our attention!!! PS- I think I heard that thump over here, I thought something fell...:) xoxoxox Tina

    ReplyDelete