Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's a choice

I've been MIA, I know.  Lots of distractions.  I was at work yesterday and just simply closed my eyes, and typed.  This is what came from that action

As I look in the mirror of my mind I see images of the past

The past that seems to have forged my future
The past that seems to have defined my now

I carry the burdens of those images deep within my very soul

The hurt,
The pain
The disappointment

But even now, I am choosing to look past the images and dwell instead on the happier times
To focus on those who did not make me feel less than I am
To focus on those who encourage me

To remember the laughter
The smiles
The joy.

People come and go in our lives. That is a constant
However, how you let them define you; well that is all on you.

What will you do with the paths that have crossed yours?
The paths of those who have let you down…
I simply choose to nod, smile and move on

There is a world where love is abounding. I am sure that is so.
Am I ready to go there? No.
I have much left to share with others.
I have my gifts and talents.
Some of which I have not yet tapped in to.

I pray to you, Oh God, to please help me to focus on the positive. Help me to look past the indifference and the falseness that is around me. I am a cracked vessel and I need your loving stitches to mend me, to heal me and to make me whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment