Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Self image....

We often see distorted images of ourselves.  When I look at a picture of myself, it's rare that I actually like it.  I see all the flaws as if they have a neon arrow pointing to them.  I am constantly asking my husband if I look ok?... does this make me look fat?.....  does my hair look ok like this?...... I ask that because I genuinely need to know.  I know he will tell me the truth.   Sometimes, I have to change my clothes because he is honest enough to say, yes.. you might not want to wear that yet.  More often than not, though, he says I look good.  I wish that I could see myself the way others see me. 

I totally get the people who have the facelifts, and such....  I guess the reason I don't have a lot of disposable income is because God knows I would ago and make changes.... well....that and my mom would kill me!!  She does not get the people who feel the need to change themselves physically.  She has a good image of herself.  Oh to be more like her :)  You see, I know that I am wonderfully made... the Bible says so.... but that mirror I keep looking into shows me a person that is flawed....

I guess the bottom line here is... I need to accept the fact that I am getting older.  My body is a reflection of the abuse I've inflicted on it from sun, fast food, etc...  But if you know of any good wrinkle cream....  let me know!!!


Psalm 139: 13-14
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

No comments:

Post a Comment