Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Best Laid Plans....

Ah yes, the best laid plans often go astray..... as did my plans for this past weekend.  Ask me what I got accomplished off my list, and I can say "nuttin'" ... absolutely, positively nuttin' !  My closet still has clothes in it that need to be donated.... my bible study is now 15 days behind.... and my kitchen is still not finished.... but you know what?.... it's ok.  That is the beauty of plans... they can be changed!

We did, however, enjoy a family gathering with my mom, our children and their husbands.  We had an impromtu cookout.  Life is good. 
...
I was wanting another little yorkie.... Out of the blue, I see where someone needed to rehome a sweet little girl named Jenny.  We got her this weekend.  Everything was going great... until we see that she (Jenny) is afraid of my sweet pea and keeps nipping at her.   As it turned out, Jenny is afraid of kids because they threw rocks at her in her other home.  Ah, the best laid plans... now it appears that Blair is going to be Jenny's mommy now.  But, it's ok.  We still have Mickey who takes Sweet Pea in stride, and Blair is thrilled to have Jenny who took to her like velcro!
...
I still am working on plans for Linz' shower and am really getting stoked that we find out the true sex of the baby on the 25th.  My hubby is hoping for a grandson....  but my mom is hoping for a girl.  I'm betting my mom has been praying for that little girl.  I just hope my Linz does not get disappointed if we see a girl.  Again... those best laid plans....
It appears that our plans should be written in pencil because things happen and suddenly, plans change! 
..
Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


No comments:

Post a Comment