Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Public" apology...

So, it appears that I've really hurt my daugher by "calling her out" on the internet.  I'm sorry, sweetie, that I hurt your feelings.... So.. since I "called her out" in public, I guess I should apologize in public.  What was said was not meant to hurt... it was an "ahem" moment  that we ususally have when we are face to face... She could not see the smile on the face, and for that I'm sorry.... I do miss hearing from her  (other than when she needs something ) but that is something she is going to work on.... right??
 SEE ME SMILING HERE...!!   
I was told by someone else that the reason she does not communicate with me often is because I am always getting on her about stuff.  I thought that was what mothers do.... try to correct them and help them grow... My mistake, and honey, I will stop....after today. 
...
I've been really wondering where I did go wrong by my girls..... I guess my being a working mom and them being latchkey kids was necessary, but does not ease the guilt, non the less...  My not being there put the elder child in the "mom" role, which was very damaging to their relationship as sisters.  I cant help it...  I really feel like I've failed them as a mom....  I'm sorry girls.... I wish I could have a do-over, but alas, that is not possible.
...
So... all I can do is try and be a better mom now...

So, I will be here if you need me..... (but you will have to let me know that you do!)

All I ask in return is that you don't just call me when you need to borrow money, ok?
 ::: smiling again! :::

No comments:

Post a Comment