Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Careful what you ask for....

I've learned a very vaulable lesson..... be careful what you ask for because it may not be the best thing for you.   I found that out lately with the addition of Jenny to our family.  She is a sweet little doggy that I got to keep Mickey company.  .... Yah, not a lot of thought went into that... 

Besides the fact that they teach each other bad habits.... 
Besides the fact that they both seek your undivided attention....
Besides the fact that two really are more trouble than one when it comes to caring for them...  I did fall in love with her BUT
She was afraid of Sweet Pea (rocks had been thrown at her in the past so she was fearful of children) and would sporatically nip at her.  It just was not safe for the baby, nor was it fair for Jenny to have to stay separated from the rest of the family.

THANKFULLY, Blair and Stephen were willing to take her in..... She seems to be adjusting fine ... Now we have to deal with Mickey missing his little buddy.   See how sad he looks?


I said all that to say this.... I said I wanted another dog, but I didn't really realize what I was asking for....

Sometimes we think we know what we want, but when we actually get it, it's not really what we thought it would be... Some ask for a better job, only to find out once they get it, that it really isn't all it seemed to be... Some ask that their significant other be more attentive, or less attentive, or just different, but when it happens, it's not quite what they perceived it to be...

I guess in the long run, had I taken the time to think thru getting another dog, I would have not grabbed the first one I saw....  Had I stopped and prayed about it, I'm sure the answer would have been, "not now".   My husband still wants another little fellow to play with Mickey... me, I'm not so sure Mickey being an only "child" is a bad thing.  Time will tell.....

Proverbs 3:5-6 (New International Version)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths

No comments:

Post a Comment