Thursday, September 24, 2009

She Who Owns My Heart.....

My Sweet Pea owns my heart.  That's the pure simple truth.  I was entering a contest about love and relationships the other.  My entry was about my Sweet Pea.  Not to say that my husband does not also own a piece of my heart, because he does.  He shows his love for me constantly.  He is a romantic at heart and very in touch with me both emotionally, physically, and mentally.  He knows the desires of my heart and will do his very best to fullfil them.  But this is not about my relationship with my wonderful husband.  What I wrote about was a very touching moment that I had with my little granddaughter, aka Sweet Pea.

Long story short, she moved in with us permanently a little over a year ago.  She will be turning two in two months.  When she was about 18 months old, she and I went to bed.  Due to some issues she will not go to bed alone.  We choose our battles and this is one we do not fight.  As I was laying down with her one night, she snuggled up to me.  She looked up with her sleepy little eyes and quietly said.. " I lovlu Gigi".  I hugged her and told her I love her, too.  She sighed, gave me a sleepy smile, closed her eyes and promptly went to sleep.   Let me tell you... I will cherish that moment in my heart forever... 


No comments:

Post a Comment