Friday, July 10, 2009

Best Laid Plans....

Many times I have attempted to write a story. One time I was actually planning on writing a devotional for struggling Christians to read to help their walk. Then I became one of those struggling Christians. I grew weary of well doing and had had enough. I could feel myself getting more and more away from the things of Christ. I didn't even recognize myself anymore. Not that I was a "bad" person. Far from it. I just basically stopped talking to God. Stopped reading my bible. Stopped going to church.
.
There were times when I could feel His tug on my heart, but my heart had grown hardened. We had been through so much with our youngest daughter. We had been through so much on top of that with my husband's accident. It just seemed like we were, for lack of better words, the modern day Job. The difference between Job and me.... I did turn my back on Him. I felt like He had let me (us) down when we trusted Him the most. I admit it. I was mad at God.
.
I never thought it would have happened to me. But it did. People would offhandedly ask me to pray for them about a situation and I'd say I would, but thought, don't count on it getting past the ceiling. Oh, I'd say my pitiful prayer, but I really didn't think it would go far. I would then pass their request on to people that I knew their prayers would would reach the throne of God.
.
Where am I going with this, you might be asking? I don't know! I was starting this as a thought process of starting to write a new book... ended up on a post about God and praying... who'da thunk? So much for my plans!
.
I do need to thank those who have interceeded on my behalf. I know you all are out there! I got a letter in the mail from a friend I had not seen in a decade. She was not even sure I still lived in my house, but God had laid me on her heart and she wanted me to know that she was praying for me. Thank you, Betty! I am thankful that God has not turned His back on me even when I turned mine on Him. Thank you mom, Carla, Tina, Judy, Pam, and Dianna, who have been beacons of light in my dark cave. I know there are others, but right now, my mind won't recall... but thank you! Prayer is a powerful thing. Think I'll try it more often :o)

Job 16:21 (King James Version)

21O that one might plead for a man with God, as a man pleadeth for his neighbour!


2 comments:

  1. Cindy, the most wonderful thing about God is He never turned His back on you! He still tugged at your heart and even put difficult situations in your life that you may know Him as Jehovah Jireh...the LORD GOD your Provider! How awesome! Those random thumps you talk about...began long ago in the heavenly realm when God said..."Look at my baby,thump her on the head so I can get her attention!" Just think, some people get thumped all day long and don't have a clue as to the hand that provides the thump! I proud of you baby girl! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest friend, Cindy.

    I love you. You are so special to me, Cindy and your entire family. Just as I always remember you and your love and our walk together in the Lord at church, as the scripture says (paraphrase Pam) If I who am wicked knows how to love you and never forget you and have compassion on you, how much greater is our Father God Who created you and loved you always. He is carrying you, as He has been carrying me.

    You have touched my heart by your words because I too felt like I had turned from our Lord these past 6 years since the divorce. I found myself drifting to the back of the church instead of the front, isolating myself from everyone without fully understanding why, feeling so alone. For you to say thank you to me for praying for you - makes me cry because Cindy, that is the only thing I felt that I could do any longer. I felt like I had no purpose, but I found purpose in lifting requests unto our Father because I still believe that we shall taste and see that the Lord is good in the land of the living.

    These past 6 years, I no longer fed myself the Word of God either and found my worship lacking - and you remember how much I loved to worship our Lord. However, I found peace when I woke in the morning and could pray for others. Somehow it got me through the day. So, my dearest Cindy, it was I who thanks you, for it is you and others that I could find myself praying for that brought me strength as I relied on my Jesus to touch your lives. This was the only bit of faith that I had left - that I knew my Daddy God heard and answered though I felt I had left Him, too.

    But He is faithful, my dearest friend. He is so altogether wonderful - that He understands and is loving, holding His arms open and one day, to find ourselves falling into His faithfulness once again.

    I do not know what avenue the Lord shall use to touch you and Buddy in this life that can be unfair and so hard at times, but one thing that is true ...we shall taste and see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

    The Lord used www.divorcecare.com to begin the healing process for me. The devotional was inspirational being able to read that what I was feeling others felt the exact same way. It was freeing...as the scripture says that 'whatsoever comfort you have received, so comfort others' - whoever wrote this devotional was doing just that for me. I am praying that the Lord shall bring you to the same comfort, my dear one. Plus at the divorce care group, I found people so open and willing to help me with the practical things of life, e.g. food (can you believe it, Cindy - when I used to have the food pantry - I am in need of it to help me financially with this load.) That's why I cry out so much for you...this financial load is so hard at times, isn't it, my dear. But He shall see us through, dearest Cindy.

    I shall forever pray for you, my dear one because though I may not be able to help you with my time or finances, I can lift you up to the One who can....because He loves you so much, Cindy and it is when we are weak, that if we have someone lift us up to him...we are like the 4 men who lifted their brother down into that house for him to experience the touch of the Lord and was healed. I am praying that the Lord shall bring around you those who are able to help you in practical ways, also...for we are His hands and feet on this earth.

    He is the ONE Who has been faithful when I have not been and He is bringing me through. I know He shows no favoritism - He shall bring you through, too, dear one.

    I love you.

    Your friend,

    Pam
    Thank you for being so sweet to mention my name in this. I Peter 5:7

    ReplyDelete