Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Sweet Pea

Every time I look at my precious Malia, I smile. She has brought so much joy into our lives. She calls me Gigi. I taught her that because I wanted her to be able to say my name at a young age.... I know that is selfish of me, but it worked! :o)

Having her in our home has been wonderful medicine for us. As indicated in earlier posts, we have been going through some trials and disappointments. But she makes us laugh and smile, and our hearts just burst with joy. Having those arms wrap around my neck is the best jewelry I could own! To have her come up with her arms open wide and say "Love... Love" or for her to show the sign for "I love you" is heart melting. She has already figured out at an early age how to use that to her advantage. But that's ok. She's my sweet pea! I love her with all my heart and I know she loves me, too.

As I was writing this, what kept flashing through my mind was the fact that each of us are a child of God and that He finds as much delight in us as we do our little ones. I wonder how many times He has longed for us to looked up towards Him to say I love you? Have you done that today? Did you feel him smile back down on you? Food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment