Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lost....

Posted on the street corner... Reward $500 for safe return of a family dog. A few months ago someone was posting a $1,000 reward for the return of their cat. Our pets are more than just four legged animals that we take care of. They are our surrogate children. We love them. They love us unconditionally. They look to us to provide their every need. They are close by when we don't feel well. They can tell when we are sad. They are family.

Usually, whenever I do see a missing pet sign, it reminds me of when our dog was missing. We were devasted. We posted signs. We called all the animal shelters. We were desperate to find her. We looked everywhere. Finally, someone happened to see our sign. They had our dog. It was a joyous reunion, to say the least!
.
This time, as I was driving past that reward sign, a thought flashed through my mind. Yup, I got thumped again. I thought about how a shepherd knows when one of his sheep are missing and he goes to look for them. I thought about how relieved they were to find the missing sheep. I thought about how I've been lost for a few years and how happy my Shepherd is that I am on my way back home. Sigh...I think I can see Him smiling on me now :o)

Isaiah 40:11 (New International Version)11 He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.

1 comment: