Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oh Rain, Where Are You?

My husband and I run a small business out of our home. We are one of those people who creep at night and put flamingos (or any other "critter" requested) all in your yard so that when you wake up, you are greeted with an unexpected surprise. We have streamlined our birds to be able to quickly get in and out. When the ground is soft, we have no problem quickly "planting" our little friends and moving on to the next assignment. Lately, however, we have not had rain. Therefore, our ground has not been soft. As a result of that, my hands are blistered, cut, and down right sore! The ground has been so hard that as I pushed on some of my birds trying to get them securely in the ground, I could feel the rod trying to come out the back of them. A peculiar thing I did notice was where some of the ground was hard as concrete, a few inches to the left or right would yield a spot where my bird could be planted securely.

As I was reflecting on my sore hands this morning, a thought came into my mind. (Besides the fact that I should have worn gloves!) The ground was hard because of no rain. My heart had become hardened because I stopped allowing His word to rain on me. When I would see an pastor on our television, I had no problem changing the channel. Did not want to hear about the things of God. My heart was hard. His Word would not penetrate it, only run off barely touching the surface.

He knew I needed him. God, however is a gentleman. He will not force Himself on me. He called for those to intercede and pray for me. In faith, they were able to crack the surface so that a word, or a thought could penetrate and stay secure. Now what I need is a soft, gentle rain that can saturate and penetrate my heart so that it can become softer. I'm not ready yet to go back to church. I have, however, started praying again, and talking to Him with my random thoughts.

Who'da thunk He'd use a pink flamingo to show me I needed a Dove (the Holy Spirit)!

Romans 15:13 (New International Version)

13May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

  1. And God said to the Hebrews..Moses is my friend to him i speak face to face...to all others i speak thru revelations and dreams

    ReplyDelete