Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gifts and Talents....

I love to entertain... which is odd seeing how I am not comfortable around a lot of people. Maybe it's because I especially love to do baby and bridal showers. I tend to go all out and a bit over the top. I've been planning a baby shower lately.... for a shower that is not until November. I can't help myself. I get so excited and my creative juices start running and then next thing I know, BAM... I'm in over my head! My mom called last night to see what I was doing. When I told her that I was working on something for the shower, she got real concerned that maybe she got the date wrong! I had to assure her that she was correct... it's not until November!!! I was just taking little bites here and there so that I would not be so overwhelmed at crunch time!

One of my friends has said that I need to market myself. Maybe I should.... I don't know. Maybe I can start posting slideshows of some of my crazy functions on my website and see if it generates any business.
The shower I am currently working on has a book that I made to go with the game for the mother to be. I really should have waited until closer in to make it because I am just so excited about it that I want to show EVERYONE, but I can't! I want it to be a surprise for everyone. Sigh....so I guess I will just show it to me... a lot.... sigh... but it is really cute.... I think Lindz will really love it. I can just see her face now.... That is one thing I really admire about Lindsay. She knows how to show excitement and appreciation. She overflows with it!

Yes, I may just check into trying to plan a few events.... I will have to really pray about that... In the meantime... I just want to take this time to thank God for the gifts and talents He has bestowed on me. I know that many have enjoyed the fruits of my labor and hope that I can do this for years to come. Thank you, God...!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job with my bridal shower I can't wait to see what you have planned for my baby shower. I think you should start a busniess and if you need help you know where to reach me
    <3 you! Linz

    ReplyDelete