Monday, August 24, 2009

Trust And Obey...

Terrible two's are a trying age that toddlers go through. They are trying to assert their thoughts and needs, regardless of what the parental unit (as my kids lovingly refer to us as!) may want or think. It reminds me of the Bill Cosby routine where he is saying..... come here, come here, come here, c o m e h e r e.... My sweet pea started going through HER terrible twos when she was the ripe old age of 16 months. Oh my goodness... it's like she has gone deaf! I find myself repeating Bill Cosby, and not for the fun of it! I am optimistically hopeful that this means she will be out of it before she hits two! I'll let you know how that works out!

When we take Mickey out to potty, sweet pea insists on going with us. I'm about to throw a harness on her as well! Mickey is going one direction, she is going the opposite! I try to get her attention, but I may as well be speaking martian because those words go in one ear and out the other. To say she is strong willed is a gross understatement! Thankfully Mickey is so small he is easy to scoop up as I go retrieve my little darling!!

As frustrating as she can be, she can also be just as loving. There is nothing more heart melting than when she looks up at you and gives you a sweet, sleepy smile as she nods off to sleep.... or that happy smiling face telling you "good morning"! Ah, I am a sucker for her! We love her so very much. Wrapped around her finger... yup....

As I was sitting and watching her start to wind down to go to bed, I thought about how we are often defiant and do not listen (or even hear) our Father's voice. He is always speaking to us, guiding us, asking us to trust him. Defiant and hard headed... tisk, tisk, tisk.... But you know what? He still loves us even when we are acting like two year olds! When we are not listening to him, we are holding Him back from being a sucker for us!

Much like us with our sweet pea.... Our Father wants us to listen to His voice so that we can follow His direction...

He wants us to rest in Him....
He is our provider...
He wants to protect us.....
He wants us to trust in Him..... not try to help him by coming up with our own plans (man am I guilty of that!)
He wants us to be still and know He is God.....
He wants us to believe Him

hmmm... How many blessings have we missed...?

Psalm 23 (King James Version)

Psalm 23

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment