Monday, August 17, 2009

God has a Sense of Humor!

My buddy, Jenn.... you've heard me speak of her a few times (aka "The Pot" or "The Kettle") took a friend up to Lexington, VA for a day trip. It was his birthday and it was a fun packed day. It ended at Natural Bridge.... The program was called "The Drama of Creation". It is advertised as a light and music show. What she did not realize was that it was also a biblical narrative on .... yup...you guessed it.... God's seven day creation.
.
Now, my girl Jenn is not agnostic, but she does have her questions about a higher being. She is an inquiring mind with questions that baffle the best of the priests! She has been known to leave them speechless. But God, in His infinite humor placed her right smack dab in the middle of a bible story! I'm sorry, I had to laugh when she told me! I'm actually laughing now thinking about it!!
.
Both she and her friend are of like minds. They do not feel you have to go to a church to talk to God. I am inclined to agree with them. Oh, I understand the iron sharpening iron theory, and I get that you should fellowship with like minded people to help yourself to grow in the Lord. But, I'm sorry, just because you are in a garage, it does not make you a car... likewise, just because you go to church, it does not make you a Christian. That is just my opinion. Now, that being said... I am sorely lacking in my bible studies. I use to crack open that book daily and read it. Not so much anymore... I acknowledge I need to do more of that. At least if I were going to a church service, I would crack it open once a week..... Point taken, God... I hear you and I will work on that!
.
Dang it.... I just got thumped.... Mental note, find my bible and read it!


2 Timothy 3:16 (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

1 comment:

  1. LOL..you got thumped..and I got thumped and "kicked in the butt"..yep..uh huh..sure did!!

    ReplyDelete