Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sowing and Reaping....

A few months ago, we had a stork delivery for a baby shower. The shower was for her daughter in law who was in her late 40's and expecting for the very first time. The day we were to go and deliver her stork, I woke up very early that morning with the strong feeling that I needed to make a diaper wreath for this customer. It was a gift from me to the expectant mother. I tried to shake the feeling because I would need to go shopping for the materials needed for that wreath. Sigh, try as I might, it would not get out of my mind. So I decided to be obedient to what I felt was God trying to prompt me to bless this lady.
...
I really enjoy making diapers wreaths. The one I was led to make was for a little girl so I went shopping at Wal-mart reallllly early that Saturday morning; to go and get girly themed toys to put on that wreath. The diapers I had were green print, so it was actually really cute, if I do say so myself. I really wish we had taken a picture of it, but alas, we did not.
...
We don't really market the diaper wreaths.... not really sure why we don't, I guess it just does not occur to try and upsell them. To be honest, we don't make much off of them as I have to buy the materials at retail prices. I basically just cover my costs but really think they make a great addition to a shower or even on the door of a new mother's hospital room!
...
So... as it turned out, we got stiffed for the shower rental. (she will have to answer for that with God). But, I had sowed the seeds of a blessing and since that blessing, I've had three orders for these wreaths. I am very grateful that I was obedient to what I felt God wanted me to do!
...
Luke 6:38 (New International Version)
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment