Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Weakest Link....

I've been accused of spoiling two little ones in my life. How absurd! How can you spoil a baby (be it a child or a dog!). I mean really! They are looking to you to provide what they need.... If that means holding them, then so be it :o)

Plus, come on.... how can you not give in when they give you that sweet little look that melts your heart? Or when they are pulling (or scratching) at you to pick them up so that they can nuzzle your neck. Sigh... it's a wonderful feeling to be loved!

Sounds like to me that the pot is calling the kettle black again... ahem... Jenn... Don't think I have not seen your little precious Tickles get her way... or that I've not seen her dressed up in cute sweaters... ahem... or that she has her place on your pillow.... Evidence!---->


<----Oh... and here is more evidence that I am not alone with spoiling! Ahem...I don't have a doggie carriage!


OK... yes, I admit it. Yes, I'm the weak link with Mickey. When he scratches to get me to pick him up, I do it without even thinking about it. And yes, I do have to admit that I am the weak link when it comes to Malia and Mickey. I can't help it. I was bad cop for so long with the kids that I just want to enjoy the moments in my golden years! When we were trying to break Malia from sleeping with us, she would sneak over on my side of the bed becuase she knew I'd give in. It was so funny to see Bah Bah sit up and point her back to her bed... she'd turn quietly, with her blankie over her shoulder (like Linus from Charlie Brown) and walk back to her bed.

They both know that I am the weak link. All Bah Bah has to do is clear his throat and everyone snaps to attention. I clear my throat and they don't even look my way! (Unless I deepen the sound and then I might get a sideways glance!) But I still love them!

As I was typing, a phrase came to me. Unconditional love, that's what it is! I love them and they love me!.. unconditionally! It made me think of our Father in heaven and how He loves us unconditionally. How he clears His throat and those who can hear him, will respond accordingly, but those who turn a deaf ear to Him carry on with what they are doing. But He still loves us.... unconditionally.



Romans 8:38-39
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

1 comment:

  1. HeeHee..I neither confirm..nor deny such accusations!! :o)

    ReplyDelete