Thursday, August 13, 2009

OUCH..... got busted by the kettle

It appears that the kettle has turned the heat up on the pot. I had written a post about people in my life and after posting it, I felt like it was a bit too depressing to leave up. My buddy Jenn was quick to call me on it.... so... I will try and reconstruct it quickly.... it started something like this... (I'll do the Reader's Digest version)

I never was one who was popular, be it in school or in my adult life. I never was one to be in a clique. There were times when I would have liked to have been. I mean who does not like to feel like you are important to someone?
.
There are different types of people in my life.... lets start with acquaintances: They are the people that come into my life, but I don't really have a relationship with them. Oh... I thought I did. I met a lot of them at church. The church I use to go to was large (even though it was small when I started going there). The very people who talk about love and compassion were the very ones who turned a deaf ear to me. I felt like I was invisible. I went to a small church and felt the same way there as well. Not that they were exactly the same, but I still felt like I was not truly a part of them. Again, even in my adult life, I was not part of the clique...
.
Then there are my co-workers: I am not really part of the clique here either. When my birthday rolled around, only 98% of them took the time to either say "Happy Birthday" or shoot me an email to tell me to have a great day! When each of their birthdays rolled around, I made sure that everyone knew so that they could wish that person a great day. It appears that 98% of them felt that by signing my card that one person bought was sufficient enough. This has happened more than once, by the way.

But the ones who really matter are the ones that are close to my heart. My true friends I can count on one hand ( I know because I just did it!) Oh, my mom and my hubby are my closest friends, no doubt. But my true friends are the ones who "get" me. They understand my humor. They have been a shoulder for me and have seen me cry, are the ones who truly know my hopes and dreams, they know my fears. They are the ones to wish me a Happy Birthday and mean it. They are the ones who get into mischief with me by doing random things (like tying someone's door handles together so he can't get out)! I like to think that they know that they can count on me as well to be there and listen or hold them as they cry, or rejoice with them in their happiness. My true friends... I love them with all my heart! I am grateful for each of them. (Even the one who called me out for removing my feelings!!) Love ya, Jenn!


Images courtesy of google

1 comment: